Everything You Need To Know About Invisible Braces!
Those straight teeth you’ve been dreaming of may no longer require a set of bulky metal braces. With Invisalign invisible braces, you can get a Hollywood smile without the typical hassle of unattractive wire and bracket braces. Barely visible, Invisalign will improve self-esteem and confidence all while aligning your teeth!f
If you want to improve your smile, but are worried about the appearance and inconvenience of regular braces, then Invisalign might be right for you!
Here’s everything you need to know about invisible braces:
- Invisalign, also known as invisible braces, offers a less noticeable and more convenient alternative to traditional metal braces, making them a preferable choice for adults and those self-conscious about their appearance.
- Invisalign aligners are clear, making them almost invisible to the casual observer. This can greatly enhance the user’s self-confidence during the teeth alignment process.
- Invisalign aligners are removable, allowing users to enjoy all types of food without the risk of damaging their orthodontic appliances. They only need to be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing.
- Invisalign treatment involves a series of custom-fit aligners that gradually adjust the position of your teeth. This is pre-mapped by your dentist, giving you an opportunity to see a virtual representation of the expected results before the treatment begins.
- The cost of Invisalign treatment typically ranges from $3,000 to $8,000 CAD, depending on the condition of your teeth and gums, the length of your treatment, and your orthodontic insurance coverage. They also offer a cost calculator for a more personalized estimate.
- Post-treatment, it is recommended to use a retainer, either a permanent lingual wire retainer or a nightly Vivera® retainer, to prevent the teeth from reverting to their original positions.
- To find out if Invisalign is right for you, schedule a consultation with a dentist or orthodontist.
How is Invisalign/invisible braces different from regular metal braces?
First and foremost, Invisalign is invisible! That means you don’t have to worry about feeling self-conscious about your smile. Getting braces as an adult can seem daunting, but with Invisalign you won’t need to worry about tackling social situations with your braces because your friends won’t even know you’re wearing any.
Secondly, unlike regular braces where you need to avoid eating any sticky or tough foods that will damage your appliance, Invisalign aligners are removable! When you want to enjoy a special treat or bite into your favourite foods you can remove your aligners just like that. But that’s not even the best part…
With Invisalign, you can see virtual results before your treatment even begins. That’s right! You’ll know exactly how your smile will turn out if you follow each step in your Invisalign treatment.
How does it work?
Invisalign uses a series of lab-fabricated aligners to straighten your teeth over a fixed period of time. The first step in your Invisalign treatment is a consultation with your dentist. He or she will need to determine whether or not Invisalign is right for your mouth. From there, your dentist will take impressions to build your custom-fit aligners.
Over the course of your treatment, you will be supplied with a series of aligners. Each aligner will be slightly different from the last in order to slowly adjust the position of your teeth in a way that is pre-mapped by your dentist. Your dentist will be able to show you the slight changes that are expected for your teeth at each stage of the process before they even happen.
In order to complete your Invisalign treatment successfully, aligners must be worn at least 20 hours a day and should only be removed for eating, brushing and flossing.
How much does it cost?
The cost of Invisalign invisible braces is often similar to the cost of regular metal braces though with all the perks Invisalign offers, the choice should be a no-brainer. Invisalign treatment is faster, innovative and virtually invisible!
Invisalign offers treatment no other brands of clear aligners are capable of. With proprietary, multilayer SmartTrack® material, proven to fit better and more comfortably, Invisalign is the most advanced clear aligner system in the world.
The cost of Invisalign can range anywhere from $3,000 to $8,000 CAD. This is determined by the condition of your teeth and gums, the length of your treatment and your orthodontic insurance coverage.
For a better idea of how much you can expect to spend on Invisalign, check out the Invisalign Cost Calculator.
What happens after my treatment?
Once your Invisalign treatment is complete you can say goodbye to your invisible braces aligners for good!
In order to prevent your teeth from shifting back to their natural position, we recommend wearing a retainer. There are two different retainers we offer our patients. The first is a lingual wire retainer. The lingual wire retainer is permanent and is bonded to the back of the teeth. It cannot be removed and therefore you do not need to worry about remembering to put the retainer in or take it out. With a lingual wire retainer regular flossing is crucial as the wire can collect food, tartar and plaque.
The second form of retainer is a Vivera® retainer. A Vivera® retainer is made by the makers of Invisalign using the same technology. These retainers are custom-made and are to be worn nightly. Forgetting to wear your Vivera® retainer will cause your teeth to shift.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How are Invisalign invisible braces different from regular metal braces?
Invisalign braces are virtually invisible and are a great option for those who are self-conscious about the appearance of traditional metal braces. Unlike metal braces, Invisalign aligners are removable and allow you to eat any type of food without worrying about damaging the appliance. You can even see virtual results of your treatment before it begins!
2. What is the process of getting Invisalign?
The first step is a consultation with your dentist, who will evaluate if Invisalign is a suitable treatment for you. If you’re a good candidate, your dentist will take impressions of your teeth to fabricate a series of custom-fit aligners. Each aligner is slightly different from the last to gradually adjust the position of your teeth. The aligners should be worn for at least 20 hours a day and should only be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing.
3. How much does Invisalign cost?
The cost of Invisalign treatment can range from $3,000 to $8,000 CAD, depending on the condition of your teeth and gums, the length of your treatment, and your orthodontic insurance coverage. It’s best to use the Invisalign Cost Calculator for a more accurate estimate.
4. What happens after my Invisalign treatment is complete?
Once your Invisalign treatment is over, you’ll likely need to wear a retainer to prevent your teeth from shifting back to their natural position. There are two types of retainers offered: a permanent lingual wire retainer, and a removable Vivera® retainer, which is to be worn nightly.
5. How can I schedule an Invisalign consultation?
You can contact our office directly to schedule your Invisalign consultation. If you have any questions about Invisalign invisible braces, our team is always ready to assist you.
Need an Expert Advice About Invisible Braces?
Reach out to us today for your Invisalign consultation at our Dentist office in Hamilton, Ontario! If you have any inquiries about Invisalign invisible braces, we’re more than happy to assist. Don’t hesitate to contact us at our Hamilton, Ontario location.
Our team at 684 Main St E, Hamilton, ON L8M 1K5 is eager to answer your questions and guide you on your journey to a better smile. To schedule your consultation appointment, give us a call at 905-545-4833. We’re looking forward to hearing from you and offering our expert dental services!